Help Support NoSpills
Buy a 25th Anniversary Hoodie, T-Shirt or Tumbler
We have some of the 25th Anniversary logo items still available. You can order them on-line from our square site.
25th Annual NO SPILLS CONFERENCE
January 5-7, 2015
Keynote Speaker - Stephen Lehmann
Mr. Lehmann has the served as the NOAA Scientific Support Coordinator (SSC) for the New England region since 1990, proving training, contingency planning support and coordinating scientific advise to the US Coast Guard, state agencies and others. He has acted as the SSC for every notable marine pollution emergency in the region during that time. In addition, Mr. Lehmann has developed contingency plans, providing training or coordinated on-scene scientific support on major spills around the country and internationally.
These include such noteable events as:
- T/V Exxon Valdez, Alaska
- Persian Gulf War Oil Spill, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait
- TWA 800 Airliner Crash, Long Island Sound
- John F.Kennedy Jr. Airplane Crash & Search, Massachusetts
- M/V Selendang Ayu, Alaska
- Hurricane Katrina, Louisiana
- Deepwater Horizon, Gulf of Mexico
- Hurricane Sandy, New York/New Jersey
Mr. Lehmann is the NOAA representative to Regional Response Teams for regions 1, 5 and 7, the Joint US/Canada Response Team and is the chairman of the National Response Team's Science and Technology Committee.
Letter from the Chairman